#21 - An Open Letter

Feeling better now since last night (despite not having slept at all). It was nice to see my teammates at the office as well… I’ve missed seeing them in person regularly.

There is one coworker outside of my team, though, to whom I’d like to address this open letter. An open letter that I hope he never reads.

(Btw I’m calling him Mr. Hobbit here, only because I’m a huge LOTR fan.)

Dear Mr. Hobbit,

Do you have any idea how freaking impressive your life story is so far? I never would’ve guessed that you came from a humble background. You seem to have steadily made your way up the ladder, from your military service to the job you have now. And with a worldly wisdom, too!

I have yet to meet you in person, thanks to the pandemic. Yet so far, I admire your vigilance, your sense of discipline and professionalism, your kindness, and most of all your sincerity. I already liked you ever since you came back from deployment last year (and I got to hear you for the first time in one of those department-wide meetings); I’ve simply become more impressed with you the more I’ve gotten to know you.

With that said… sometimes I wish you could understand my and my team’s frustrations too, when it comes to communication and workload balance. I know you’re a busy guy. Your team is about as woefully small as ours is, and you only have so much bandwidth during each week. I just wish you could see that we’re struggling to balance out our jobs in much the same way. I just wish we could smoothen out these little kinks in the system that is our shared department, one step at a time. Together.

You’re such a cool guy to talk to. But why does working alongside you have to be so difficult?

Sincerely,
Ms. Seraphim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#31 - Lovable

#1 - Intro

#36 - The Last Red Thread