#8 - Contemplation

It’s a quiet Friday full of rain.

The sky is blanketed with silver clouds, soggy gold and rose-tinted leaves are scattered all across the ground, and there’s a slight chill in the air. But it’s more of a “peaceful” silence than a gloomy one, so I don’t mind.

I can hear the bubbling noises of the fish aquarium’s filtration system to my left, far off in the corner next to the front door. Our fluffy Pomeranian is fast sleep, snuggled up in one of her favorite spots near the fireplace. Everyone else is either resting or working. It’s a very relaxing day.

... And I’ve had a lot to think about over these past few months or so.

I’m very content with the job I have now, it’s challenging but satisfying at the same time. I’m done pursuing any romantic relationship for now, since I’ve gained enough wisdom for better or worse. I enjoy music as much as ever, and have lately tried getting out of my comfort zone to listen to songs from other genres - it’s been lovely so far. I still miss both of my grandparents sometimes, but I take small comfort in knowing they’re no longer in any pain. I’m fortunate enough to live with my family now, where there’s plenty of love even through all the ups and downs of our daily lives.

For the past couple of weeks now, I’ve also been focusing on meditation and other self-healing techniques. As a holistic healer, I want to bring myself back to a sense of inner strength and peace. I also want to become comfortable enough to start a small practice on the side as well, so that I can really start helping others. I know there are many others who are far more experienced than I am, so it can feel frustrating at times practicing like an amateur. But I have to start somewhere and can’t afford to negatively compare myself to other people anymore.

For now, I need nothing more... I have everything I need, more than enough. There’s a whole treasure trove of spiritual wisdom for me to dive into. It’s all I need right now. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#31 - Lovable

#1 - Intro

#36 - The Last Red Thread