#7 - Timeout

I think we all need a timeout.

These past months, we’ve seen chaos unfold: from the coronavirus outbreak and alarming death toll, to protests all over the country over basic human rights (seriously, it’s the 21st century!), to the police brutality and the wildfires and the upcoming election and the white supremacism and the conspiracy theories and the political frenzy—

Stop. Take a deep breath. In, and out... in, and out... in, and out...
...
......
.........
............
...............

You still with me? Good. Let’s talk for a moment.

I know these are crazy times. I know it feels like a lot to handle. And I know how it feels to lose someone dear... we lost our grandfather to a stroke back in May, and I still can’t believe he’s gone. It’s hard to think about. It’s hard. But I also understand that every storm has an end. This might be one of the biggest storms we’ve ever seen together this year, complete with terrifying thunder and bright flashes of lightning... but I know we’re strong enough to survive. We’ll find a way to make it through this. Together.

For now, all we have is time: time to meditate, time to heal, time to reflect, time to lend a helping hand, time to remember those who have passed, time to spend with the loved ones who are still with us.

So... let’s take a timeout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#31 - Lovable

#1 - Intro

#36 - The Last Red Thread