#37 - Chaos Once More

… I need a minute to breathe.

***

As it turns out, the arranged suitor (and his mom) believe in anti-vaxx theories over the CDC. So much so, that the guy himself is willing to lose his job instead of getting vaccinated.

1) I’m almost shocked at myself for the 180-degree shift in my mind from ”loving” him to wanting to have nothing to do with him,

2) I’m wondering what other things he might believe in that would be a dealbreaker, and

3) I guess deep down, I was looking for an excuse to get out of this. (Yeah, definitely shitty of me.)

Whatever the case is, I want to call it off. My family knows this, and yet they’re asking me to give him another chance to talk it out. I don’t want to, but I can’t avoid this tough conversation forever. What do I do…?

***

I watched a movie with my family on Saturday, that finally highlighted the truth about our community’s genocide and the current twisted narrative being driven today. It was so raw, so brutal… and yet so brilliantly done. It’s got people talking, at last.

I’m still in pain after watching that movie. I wish my maternal grandparents were alive and well to see this. I’ve been missing them so much all over again…

***

I met someone new.

Well, actually I had technically met him about a week prior. But last weekend we talked, and… I feel so warm. ❤️

Is it wrong? Am I playing with fire? What am I looking for here? How does this feel so right, while the other person I’m “supposed” to be with feels so wrong?

I don’t know what I’m doing anymore… but his eyes remind me of the ocean. The storm calms down a little. And it feels safe to swim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 - Intro

#31 - Lovable

#36 - The Last Red Thread