#35 - Back Up and Restart

Hello 2022! Nice to meet you! I’m…

The biggest idiot on the face of the planet.

***

Last Saturday, I accidentally set the clothes drying machine on fire. I had quickly taken the lint out as usual before starting it, but didn’t realize that a tiny bit of it had fallen back down…

We called the fire brigade as quickly as we could and got everyone out. We’re all fine now, the worst thing that happened was that the drying machine got burnt and needs replacing. But yeah, that shook me up quite a bit. Lesson 1000% learned, the hard way.

***

We lost our paternal grandfather in India, a couple days ago. He apparently died of cardiac arrest, just as he was turning off the TV before going to sleep.

Everything’s been feeling surreal now. While I wasn’t close to him the way I was close to my maternal grandparents, it’s been a great loss nonetheless. Our family’s shaken up right now, but I know we’ll all make it through somehow…

***

In the midst of all this, I’ve come to like Mr. Perfect… a lot. He and his mom have been comforting me and my family, and the love and respect I’ve gained for both of them have now shot through the roof!

Mr. Perfect and Mr. Right are one and the same person. That I ignored my own happiness and chose to be upset over the relationship being arranged - instead of it being a fiery and intense romance like the stuff that’s constantly glorified by mainstream media - now feels shallow, petty and downright unfair. So what if I didn’t find him by myself? I’m choosing to be with him now.

So, if he ever reads this in the future, I just want to say:

“Thanks for sticking around. And I’m sorry for not realizing my own feelings before because of my own naïveté of what love is ‘supposed’ to be like vs. what it actually is. I hope you will still accept me. I love you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 - Intro

#31 - Lovable

#36 - The Last Red Thread