#34 - In Love, Light and Laughter

Today is Diwali - the Festival of Lights.

I’m walking among fiery and cherry-stained trees that line my usual walking path. There’s a definite chill in the air now, and the falling leaves rattle off to an ancient rhythm that seems lost to most of us…

***

I’m remembering my childhood days for seemingly no reason at all. I remember the simplicity of it all, the little moments of joy I would share with my parents and siblings. I remember my late maternal grandparents, always soft-spoken and full of kindness. I remember moments of quiet reading in the local library, of clarinet playing and jazz band, and of singing old Hindi songs that none of our classmates could understand.

Most of all, I remember looking forward to a brighter and better future. All the time. Always.

***

If I can still remember all of that… then perhaps not all is lost within me. I can still carry forward with love, light and laughter.

Happy Diwali. ๐Ÿช”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 - Intro

#31 - Lovable

#36 - The Last Red Thread