#33 - Rainshine

I love it when the rain and the sun come out at the same time. Most people call it a “sunshower”, but I like to call it “rainshine” instead. The sunlight makes the raindrops look like shining diamonds falling from the bright sky.

I was lucky to see this phenomenon a couple of times, at the beginning of the month. Now it’s all just rain… but I don’t mind that, either.

***

Lately, I’ve been talking to an arranged suitor who seems perfect. At least, he fits everything my family and I were looking for. It’s been a nice conversation so far, like talking to an old friend. But…

I don’t see myself marrying him. I don’t feel any spark beyond friendship. No attraction whatsoever. It might be an okay marriage, but I’ll never be happy in it. Somehow, I know this deep within my heart.

So here’s a new conclusion I’ve come to: I’m not looking for Mr. Perfect. I’m looking for Mr. Right.

Mr. Perfect may say, do and be all the right things. He’s not a bad person either, otherwise he wouldn’t be perfect. He’s the person I can take a bullet for… but without love, all that means nothing to me. I can just as easily take a bullet to save an innocent child.

Now, Mr. Right is the person who makes me want to get up in the morning, even on the toughest days. He doesn’t have to meet all of my expectations, but instead he’s “perfect” in the way he makes me feel and the way we make things work together. My world would be full of life and color with him. Every day would be an adventure. He’s the person I can live for.

I’ve found Mr. Perfect, and I’m not happy.

Where is Mr. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 - Intro

#31 - Lovable

#36 - The Last Red Thread