#9 - I Took the Path of Uncertainty

Today I was looking back through some of the poetic stuff I wrote in the past, and one poem stood out the most to me. I’ll just leave it here to speak for itself:

Today I saw a path
Shrouded in mist,
Stretched out for miles and miles
Beyond the dark horizon

Nowhere else to go...
Nowhere but forward

The echo of each footstep
Reverberated all around,
While the fog closed in
To swallow me whole

Nothing did I see here...
Nothing in this milky shroud

‘The light! Where is the light?’
The heart’s deafening cries
Brought me to my knees,
In tearful silence

No one was there...
No one to hear a lost traveler

Yet in the distance
A light shone through
I did not know whose lamp it was
But - ‘I must move forward’

One step
(My knees shook)
Two steps
(With shallow breath)
Three
(I saw the wind)
Four
(Sweeping away the fog)
Five
(Like silk curtains)

And as I stepped
Into the light,
I saw on the other side
A golden smile

All at once I saw everything
And yet nothing at all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#31 - Lovable

#1 - Intro

#36 - The Last Red Thread